Social Media Marketing
Let’s consider a scenario.
You want a digital marketing strategy that can generate more leads and bring more traffic to your website.
Not only that, you want to ensure that you invest in the best that can provide you with a rock-solid ROI.
While there are a plethora of options, there is one term that is most commonly used in the digital marketing field: Social Media Marketing.
Yes, people all over the world are using it extensively to build their business and reach their audience.
Let’s take a drive back to the 90’s era when people promoted their business on an offline basis. That trend has now been left far behind. In today’s world, if you understand the power of social media marketing, you can do wonders for your business.
So, before we begin, It might interest you to know a little history of social media marketing:
History of Social Media Marketing
If you believe that social media began with the advent of Facebook, then you are wrong!
The main idea of social media and its marketing began in the 1970s whereas the aspects of email and the first email itself were sent in the year 1971.
After which, slowly in the year 2000, social networking platforms like Facebook along with Twitter started to kick-off which made way for other social media platforms to take marketing to the next level.
Top Social Networks In 2018
Thinking about one of the cheapest platforms for marketing? Facebook can be an absolute boon for you.
With the help of Facebook, many users have reached out to a global audience and you can do the same to grow your business.
Facebook ads are the most conspicuous and yet the most subtle. Ads can appear in News Feed on the desktop, News Feed on your mobile and in the Right Column of the Facebook timeline as well.
They appear on your target audiences feed amongst other relevant news and posts. They are also secure and the metrics are trackable ensuring you have a comprehensive insight on your ad spends. Better yet, when clicked upon, liked or acknowledged, the ad then identifies people with similar interests from the sources friends list thereby extending the reach of your ad without any more inputs from your end.
Also, Facebook even gives you the privilege to do marketing and advertising based on demographic preferences.
All in all, with Facebook you can choose your preferred target audience, do social media marketing & grow your business to reach exponential heights.
Keeping aside Facebook, even Twitter can help you succeed in your marketing campaigns and reach a global volume of audience.
So, what are some of the best ways to do social media marketing via Twitter? Let’s move ahead and take a look at some of the best tips:
- Choose a good username
- Create a profile that represents your brand
- Interact & respond
- Tweet more often than usual
- Keep your tweets short
- Retweet and mention other people
- Create your own content plan for marketing
- Find influencers for pitching
- Focus on your follower’s requests
- Make use of hashtags
- Like tweets of others
- Give a unique twixclusive
- Promote events
- Integrate Twitter with your website
Since its advent in the year 2005, YouTube has come far. Now, if there is one video platform which is popular, YouTube is the one.
Let’s look at some facts and stats that prove YouTube is a great tool for social media marketing, then go ahead and see how its used for marketing:
- The total number of people who use YouTube – 1,300,000,000.
- 300 hours of video are uploaded to YouTube every minute!
- Almost 5 billion videos are watched on Youtube every single day.
- YouTube gets over 30 million visitors per day
Coming down to social media marketing via YouTube, you can Promote Videos. These promoted videos play as ads before other videos and can be linked with to a landing page, prompting your audience to take action.
Or else, if you are not a YouTuber, you can reach out to other YouTubers and ask them to promote your product on their videos.
With this, you eventually use YouTube as a tool to market your product, services and eventually build massive traffic audience in no time.
For business corporate and multi-national companies, LinkedIn is the number one platform used for communication and marketing.
To be frank, LinkedIn means business and people are actually using it to attract leads and opportunities to their businesses.
So, how do people use LinkedIn for social media marketing? Let’s move ahead and discover those things, one by one.
- Complete your profile
- Connect with every other person who can benefit your business
- Customize website as per LinkedIn needs
- Be compelling and give solutions
- Join groups related to your Business
- Connect with people on Twitter
- Optimize your profile based on SEO
- Pitch to the people who you want to attract
It is nearly the end of 2018 and the world has given us an amazing marketing tool by the name Instagram. Yes, many B2B organizations and other businessmen and women are using this platform to reap huge benefits out of it in no time.
Willing to know how people use Instagram for social media marketing? Let us get through some exclusive tips for the same.
Recently, Instagram has introduced business profiles which work exactly same as Facebook Profiles. Here, you are aided with a call to action which can allow your users to contact you for business queries.
Let’s take a look at some more super powerful tips to do marketing with on Instagram:
- Cross Promotion of Instagram Posts
- Interact with your followers
- Create contests, polls for engagement
- Create a unique and attractive hashtag
- Make use of creativity when connecting with your audience
Snapchat has been a rather recent but significant addition to social media networking. Besides, it has not failed to impact the world of digital marketing. Here are some of the ways in which you can use Snapchat:
- Know your audience
- Be as creative as you can
- Create your unique Snapchat Lens
- Make use of business tools
- Track your audience engagement
Top marketers follow this protocol for marketing and if you can master these tips, you can make your business become a success in the long run too.
People use Pinterest to plan their campaigns which is the reason they see good results. Here, brands make use of promoted pins and achieve marketing goals from brand awareness to generating leads.
- Make a Pinterest Business Account
- Like boards from similar businesses and solutions
- Optimize your website based on Pinterest
- Be active as and when you can
- Create and upload creatives that other can pin
Discover Tools for Social Media Marketing
For your social media marketing to be effective, you need to invest in the right tools. Want to know which social media marketing tools are the best for your business? Here’s a comprehensive list and what each one of them can do for your business.
Hootsuite is a platform from where you can manage all your social media pages. Get to know some of its best features:
- Update networks from a single console
- Interactive & fast-paced reporting
- Optimize your delivery
- Real-time reporting
- Campaign analysis
- Content management
- Keyword Tracking
Airtable is a spreadsheet-like tool that works wonders for scheduling and planning campaigns. Take a look at some of the really good features of Airtable:
- Log data in your own spreadsheet style and list with the help of database field
- Include images, file attachments, links, and other checklists
- Filter your data based on views
- Android & iOS Apps available for planning on the go.
Specific to Twitter, Buffer allows you to save on time and schedule tweets. If you want to take your social media campaign to the next level then make use of this tool.
- Schedule your tweets and retweets
- Send tweets at the best possible time
- Custom scheduling
- Auto-Complete feature
Task management has never been easier! Learn how Co Schedule can help your team:
- Organize your content for every day
- Integrate your favourite tools
- Gain good insights into the current data
- Easily manage your campaigns
A social media management tool that can help you engage and track for your campaigns.
- Monitor different Brand Keywords
- Get access to an exclusive Twitter history
- Target your tweets based on geographical location
- Personalize your content, easily and quickly
If you’re looking for a tool to help you optimise content, Buzzsumo is your best bet.
- Get content insights
- Content alerts
- Know social backlinks
- Get competitor analysis
- Help with content curation
- Data export
- Link alerts
So, there we go. We hope you have gone through the above social media marketing platforms and tools, and are now all set to apply the same for your campaigns and strategy.
Well, social media marketing, if learned carefully, can boost your business to some good heights of success and glory.
Go ahead, choose any or even some of the above tools and platforms. Integrate them into your campaign and become the next big person the world has ever witnessed.
Now that you’ve gained considerable insight into the ways of SMM, could we interest you in the free SMM Audit?